As we hit the five-year mark of being in business, I took a moment to reflect on the great vibe in the office, and take a quick snapshot of what the team was working on.
It shouldn’t have surprised me, but as I added up the numbers, it kind of blew my mind:
- At that very moment, the team was supporting more than $675M of major water, roading, maritime, manufacturing, intelligent traffic technology, and infrastructure contracts
- In parallel, we were overseeing $405M of technical procurements and associated support in the water, FM, rail, aviation, defence, and solid waste sectors
- The projects were with clients and partners in the US, Hong Kong, Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Fiji, and all parts of New Zealand.
Our success has been driven by a number of things, but at the heart of it has been a dedicated, hard-working, fun-loving and values-driven team. It really is the adage “getting the right people on the bus, sitting in the right seats, and pointing in the right direction,” which has underpinned our success. This not only reflects the great diversity of work we are involved in, but also our loyal international customer base and world-class Net Promoter Score (we seek customer feedback after every project, and our NPS is currently tracking around 50).
The start of the new 2018/19 financial year brings with it great excitement and optimism for the team at Height and our customers.
Without giving too much away, here are some highlights:
- New offices – we are excited to be moving into new premises in Mount Eden, Auckland. The space will be larger, and also have dedicated project areas for clients to work directly and confidentially with us.
- Exploring opportunities within the United States and Canada – in conjunction with me attending the Entrepreneurs’ Organisation Global Leadership Conference in April in Toronto, and with support from NZTE, I will be completing a fact-finding mission to the US and Canada to explore business opportunities and review the latest innovations in procurement and tendering.
- Community support and volunteering – solidifying our ongoing support for KidsCan; helping to grow the next lot of New Zealand and Australian emerging entrepreneurs through the APAC EO Accelerator Programme; providing mentoring support for Maori entrepreneurs in Kokiri and also supporting New Zealand Defence Force Veterans transitioning out of the military through the NZDF Resettlement Training Programme; and investing in, and growing, the leaders and talent of tomorrow through our intern and graduate programme.
I wish to take this opportunity to thank our loyal customers and also my team and our families who allow us to do what we passionately love doing.
Be awesome, Warner
Warner Cowin, Height CEO